I have played games that have an interesting game play and games that are very pleasing to eyes. But this game – Chameleon Run – is the perfect demonstration of how great this combination could be. This is eye candy and also sucks you into the game right from the start.
Chameleon run is a fast and challenging autorunner game with color switch and jump as the only controls. The goal is to switch your color to match the ground as you run and jump from platform to platform.
This is one of those games that are easy to learn but hard to master. This is not an endless runner game where the more you run the more you earn (like subway surfers or temple run),but this is a level based game where the levels get harder and trickier as you progress.
How To Play?
Each level has 3 objectives :
- Collect all the marbles.
- Collect all the smoking crystals.
- Reach finish without switching the color.
These 3 objectives can be achieved in multiple attempts. Achieving each of these will earn you chameleon coins which are required to unlock further levels. The levels are expertly crafted such that they enable multiple paths to reach finish, making it possible to achieve all 3 objectives for the level in multiple attempts. At each level – when selected to play for the 3rd objective – even the platform colors would change a bit to make it possible to reach finish without switching the color.
There are 4 different jumps possible – single jump, double jump, long jump and head jump – though all of these are not available from level 1, they are unlocked as you progress through the game.
by Noodlecake Studios Inc
Chameleon Run is a unique, fast and challenging autorunner with a colorful twist. Jump, switch and run through expertly crafted levels that will have you running back for more.
Your goal is to switch your color to match the ground as you run and jump from platform to platform. Sounds easy right? Well think again!
- Fast paced running, jumping and switching colors
- Fun jumping mechanics like "double jump" and "head jump"
- Pixel perfect physics
- Stylish, super smooth and colorful graphics
- Non-linear levels with 3 special objectives in each one
- Compete for the fastest time on each level
- Simple two button controls
Chameleon Run - What I like?
– Simple two button controls
– Fun jumping mechanics like “double jump” and “head jump”
– Pixel perfect physics
– Stylish, super smooth and colorful graphics
– Non-linear levels with 3 special objectives in each one
– Competing for the fastest time on each level
Chameleon Run - What I do not like?
- No intermediate milestones in the level. This makes you start from the beginning even though you almost reached the finish. I found myself leaving the game frustrated.
- Very few levels. World-1 has 11 and world-2 has just 5. This can be inhibiting for many to buy the game. But I personally felt that this game is worth every penny.
- GamePlay 85%
- Graphics 95%
- Performance 95%
- Levels 75%
- Overall 85%